"Raleigh is playing partisan games and no longer listens to the will of the people."
John was born and raised in North Carolina, growing up with the values of compassion for one's neighbor and hard work.
From attending R. J. Reynolds High School in Winston-Salem to attending the University of North Carolina at Greensboro, I am proud to be a product of this state’s public education system.
Whether it was working with local artists or touring the country, it has been a pleasure to see the unifying power that the arts provide. I am a proud member of I.A.T.S.E. 635 and have worked with productions both nationally and throughout the area. Coming from the world of theater and production, I understand the importance of working together to make the impossible happen. No matter what happens, "the show must go on".
John has been involved in local politics ranging from local protests to working on campaigns. Through this experience he has seen that our system no longer works for the people and grew tired of hearing the complaints without any action. He has seen the issues of the longer term be ignored for short term gains and has decided to run to change the conversation.
John's Policy Goals
- Reinvestment in education. Teachers deserve a raise and to be well compensated for educating the next generation. Teachers should not be forced to pay out of pocket for supplies in order to educate our next generation, along with also being allowed to build their own curriculum's rather than constantly testing our children.
- Pushing to ban both off-shore drilling and fracking within the state while also advocating for investment into renewable energy sources.
- Working with small business owners along with corporate entities to establish living wages for all workers through out the state.
- Working to increase the ease of voter registration and making registration to vote part of the process of getting a license at the DMV.
- Advocating for 3rd party independent drawing of our state's house, senate and federal seats to encourage competitive races and better representation of the people.
- Advocating for reasonable gun regulation while also still allowing citizens their right to self defense, hunting and sport.
- Investment in healthcare: working to make health care accessible and affordable to all through out the state.